Silver Pen Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the Silver Pen Scholarship!
This year’s topic for RidgeCrest is:
In recent years trade schools have been increasingly popular and lucrative to the work force. In this essay please compare and contrast the outcome of receiving a four-year degree from a university or attending a trade school for a more hands on skill set.
All applications are due February 14th, 2020.APPLY HERE
Silver Pen is open to:
- All high school seniors who live or attend school within 25 miles of RidgeCrest
- Community employees and children of employees
- Residents limited families – grand (great grand) children, nieces and nephews (grand nieces and nephews)
- Essay must be the applicant’s original work
- Applicants may only enter one time. If you enter at more than one site you will be disqualified.
- Essays must be a minimum of 1000 words and DOUBLE SPACED. (Please include a cover page and any necessary citations on a works cited page.)
- Quotations may be used sparingly and sources must be clearly identified
- It is recommended that a teacher or professor reviews essay before submission
The following items must be included with your application:
- Application Form
- Copy of Transcript (can be unofficial)
- Personal Essay
SILVER PEN BASICS
- Each community chooses an essay topic this year’s competition. Topics will not be released until the day Silver Pen is released to schools.
- Members at each community will select three winners.
- Winners will receive their awards at a special Silver Pen Ceremony.
Where to Apply
Click the follow button to navigate to the Silver Pen website and submit your application online:APPLY HERE